1. One time in college, a friend texted me this: “We’re going skydiving today. Wanna come?” And I did. (Such a rush!)
2. Until about 5 years ago, the only things I knew how to cook were chili, hamburger helper, and banana bread.
3. In 2010 I started (and finished!) a 365 photo project. I picked a heck of a year to do it, because I got engaged AND married and life was just crazy for a while.
4. I used to have 1/2 inch gauged ears, around the same time I was also majorly into hardcore music and going to shows every weekend. Ah, youth.
5. The first CD I ever bought with my own money was MxPx’s “Teenage Politics.” Followed shortly thereafter by Creed’s “Human Clay” (NO SHAME, ya’ll).
6. I am right-handed, but I bat (and golf) left-handed. Yes, really.
7. When I was a kid, I had a pet hamster named Pumpkin and he was the best hamster to have ever lived in all the land.
8. I was absolutely terrified of roller coasters until my 9th grade class took a field trip to Islands of Adventure in Orlando, FL, during which my friends persuaded me to ride “The Hulk” with them. I’ve been a coaster junkie ever since.
9. Games have always been a huge part of my life; I was obsessed with Super Nintendo as a kid (who am I kidding, I still love SNES), I played Ultima Online all through high school, and these days I play a mix of PS4 and sometimes PC games. There’s not enough time in the day for all the games I want to try.
10. I learned how to drive stick in a ’92 Toyota Celica.
11. As a young girl, I was a total tomboy. I balked at society’s rules for girls, at the color pink and the requirement to wear dresses for certain functions, and really anything at all that was considered traditionally “girly.” I got angry when I found out girls couldn’t play in the NFL. You get the idea. It’s only been in recent years that I’ve learned about feminism and started to identify as a feminist, but clearly, I’ve always been one at heart. (And now I believe it doesn’t matter if you like pink or not…it’s all about what you like because you like it and not because society tells you to!)
12. On a trip to the Bahamas when I was 13, my oldest/dearest friend Bekah and I were swimming in the ocean and started to get followed by a huge (~5-foot) barracuda…until I accidentally dropped my disposable camera in the water. That distracted him, and we swiftly swam to shore. Later we found out he was known to hang around that beach, and the locals had lovingly named him “George.” I am not kidding.
13. In 2013, I read 100 books. It was tough but I did it, and it seriously expanded my horizons in terms of new authors and genres to read.
14. The one time in my life I went to Warped Tour, I got sun poisoning and swore off music festivals forever.
15. I used to be a Guitar Hero master. I miss playing…but only the PS2 version.
16. I’ve only ever been on one blind date, and that date took me to a ZZ Top concert. Front row at The Ryman! I could almost touch their beards.
17. I loathe raisins. I used to loathe raisins and carrots, but I’m starting to come around to carrots (though I still won’t eat the big ones raw). Chick-Fila used to have a side item that was a shredded carrot and raisin “salad,” and anytime I went through the drive-thru and saw its picture on the menu, I shivered. JUST LOOK AT THAT ABOMINATION:
18. I’ve read and/or listened to the entire Harry Potter series at least six times but probably more than that (I’ve lost count). It never gets old.
19. I’ve visited 26 states in the U.S., in addition to the Bahamas, Belize, Guatemala, and Taiwan. One day I hope to expand that list to all 50 states, the Greek Isles, New Zealand, Iceland, basically all of Europe (but especially Italy), plus about 239486 other places.
20. I once jogged/walked a half marathon in Nashville. NEVER.AGAIN. (I’m smiling in this photo, but I assure you it’s only because this was taken pre-marathon.)
21. I have a gift card hoarding problem. I can never decide on something “good enough” to use the money on. (Currently have $75 in Amazon cards. WHAT TO DO!?!?!)
22. Around age 14, I worked at a horse ranch in exchange for getting to ride whenever I wanted. I absolutely loved it, all of it, and to this day I have a soft spot in my heart for horses and horseback riding.
23. My first experience with guacamole happened at my first job which, unfortunately for me and the guacamole, was Taco Bell. I didn’t try it again for years, convinced all guacamole was the equivalent to green baby poo. When someone actually made me guacamole with fresh ingredients, I immediately fell in love.
24. One summer in high school, my best friend in the whole world was grounded and the only way we survived was by writing actual, physical letters back and forth (in gel color pens, obviously). I mean…just look how cool we were:
25. Breakfast/brunch is my absolute favorite meal to go out for but also my most conflicted. Savory or sweet?!? SAVORY OR SWEET!?!? It’s a struggle every time.
26. In college I worked at a hotel where, during the Super Bowl, the stars from One Tree Hill came to stay. My one brush with fame!
27. While dating, my husband started calling me “Scooter” and the nickname stuck. Now, I can’t even remember the last time he addressed me by my real name…haha.
28. I decided to do extra schoolwork one summer and graduated high school at the age of 17, mostly because all my friends were a grade higher than me and I couldn’t stand the thought of them graduating without me. 😉
29. Living near a coast used to be a huge priority for me, but lately my love for the mountains is starting to rival my love for the beach.
30. After almost 30 years of living…….I’m still one of the most impatient people I know.
GOSH, that was a long list. I don’t blame you if you gave up halfway through, but if you’ve made it this far, thanks for reading! 🙂